In order to save you time and avoid you any dispersion on your interface, we decided to rethink your Zenchef dashboard.
- For starters,we decided to bring together the General Information page and the Online Information page in one section since they both contain information relating to your restaurant.
As a reminder, the Online information contained the links to your social networks, the text describing your restaurant as well as your logo.
These information are now available on the General Information page, which, as you know, is and remains linked to the HomePage and Map and Contact page of your Zenchef website.
In order to make this section as intuitive and readable as possible, we have illustrated each information with icons.
To change them or add information, click "edit" on the right of each block.
- The Bookings section, which is a key component of the Zenchef tool, has also been revisited for a more practical, quick and efficient management of the bookings requests.
It now contains the following pages:
- The Services page: you are prompted to this page when you click "Bookings" in the left column. This section allows you to register quickly and directly the bookings requests made orally by customers.
This page also contains the reservations made for the day. By clicking the pencil on the right of each booking, you'll be able:
- Assign a table to the customer
- Indicate that the customer has arrived
- Indicate that the customer didn't show up
- Go the contact record
- Send an email to the customer
- Propose another time
- Cancel the reservation
- The page Pending bookings is made of the reservations requests that you haven't answered (this section hasn't changed).
- The Calendar page gives you an overview of the reservations that were made during the month (this section hasn't changed).
- The Search page allows you to find the reservations made in the past by typing the name of a customer for instance.
- Last nut not least, we set up a shortcut in the form of a "+" on the right of the "Dashboard" tab. One click and you'll be able to access the list of the most frequent actions performed on your dashboard:
- Register a new booking
- Create a Newsletter
- Create a photo album
- Create a contact record
- Create a new menu