There's no denying that mothers deserve the best celebration! That's why families treat them with a special meal in a great restaurant for Mother's day.
Thus, it is an amazing opportunity for you restaurateurs to make this day as special as possible and provide value for your customers.
Here are some ideas to increase traffic for this occasion and make sure everything goes perfectly:
- "Without promotion, something terrible happens... Nothing". Start promoting your restaurant as soon as possible, using printed commercials placed in front of the restaurant for passers to see, promotional flyers distributed in the neighborhood and newsletters. Also of course, don't forget to post on social media! Little tip: a great way to promote your menu and introduce your offer would be a video, for instance, a video of the chef preparing the dishes. Pictures are also a good idea!
- Attract the crowd. Mother's day is one of the most important days of the year in the restaurant industry, and customers are flooded with offers from various restaurants! Stand out from them! It's not necessary to run promotions and discounts, but make sure your prices are fair and affordable. Hiring a musician or a photographer and offering a personalized photo with a frame can help you boost the bookings. You can also plan little extras for mums, such as complementary drinks or deserts, specialty cocktails.. The smallest details make the difference!
- And the Winning menu is ... a prix fixed shortened menu made of your greatest hits. Mother's day is a busy dinning out day so you can't take risks! Go with the dishes that sell the most, dishes customers would love and return for. After all, the menu is the cornerstone of loyalty!
- Take the pressure off the kitchen. You are expecting a big crowd, so menu management and preparation must be easy and efficient for the staff and the chef. A smart strategy for such a busy time would be to go with items that can be prepared and assembled quickly. It's not the moment to make mistakes!
- Think beyond Brunch and Dinner. A great alternative to brunch and dinner could be an afternoon tea party for mums. Don't forget to include an assortment of tasty treats, light sandwiches, cookies, biscuits... Such a creative, fun and fancy way to celebrate these ladies out there, don't you think ?
- Special treats for mums. Ensure mums get the best place at the table and go the extra mile by indicating their place using a little ribbon or a piece of paper with their name on it. Mother poems waiting at the table are also a nice attention. Small bonuses are always appreciated!
- A little gift never hurt anybody. Flowers are mums best friends! So consider a fresh rose upon being seated at the table or as a welcome gift at the entrance. A small plant of a free box of chocolates ( including the name of your restaurant on it to reinforce future brand awareness) after the meal will also guarantee you a smile from ear to ear!
- A kid friendly restaurant. Mother's day is a family holiday, and your target guests are families, so make sure you have kids chairs and children menus and even plan entertainment for them if you can.
- Overbooking : your customers' comfort and intimacy are crucial.
- Understaffing : Make sure you have plenty of staff to handle the rush, but above all, make sure you have the best employees. You cannot make mistakes!
- Complicated menus : as stated above, Mother's day is a very busy day for restaurants so stay away from complicated menus and stick to dishes that are easy to cook and throw together.
Here's to a successful Mother's Day !
PS : If you’re planning a new or creative idea for the occasion or have some tips, we would love to hear about it in the comments!