Did you know that Earth Day has been around for 46 years and celebrated worldwide on April 22nd each year? Now, it’s the most important environmental event in the world !
Even restaurants celebrate Mother Earth and demonstrate environmental consciousness. Here are some ideas to make Earth Day proud:
- Many restaurants serve a green menu for the occasion, featuring salads, green vegetables, smoothies, green tea, matcha latter... Go green too!
- Of course, it's the best time to use fair trade products and organic products. You can also serve organic wine!
- To save Mother Earth, start by saving energy. So turn off the lights in your restaurant and use candles! Plus, it's romantic.
- In order to prevent food waste, you can provide customers with doggy bags so they can take home their leftovers.
- Some restaurants offer a discount or a dessert to diners who can prove they used an environmentally-friendly mode of transportation to get there ( bike, electric car,bus, ...).
Any additional idea? Feel free to share them with us below in the comments!